Sunday 24 May 2015

Real books v kindle

When kindles and the like first came out, I couldn't imagine that I'd ever want an ereader, what would be the point. I love books, I love the smell of them, the feel of them, pretty much everything about them. Then I got a kindle, and I was hooked. I tend to use my kindle more these days, but still read quite a few real books, so I thought I'd do a bit of a comparison, real books v kindle.

Real booksReal books

  • Look good on the book shelf
  • Can be shared with friends
  • Can be read in the bath without worrying about the water stopping them working
  • Can be bought second hand
  • Don't smash if you drop them
  • Don't need charging
  • Feel nice in your hands
  • Smell nice
  • Need nice book marks
  • Can be given as gifts

Kindle and other ereaders

KindleIs lightweight

  • Can go everywhere with you.
  • Can carry hundreds of books on one device (great for holidays)
  • It's really easy to add new titles, as the touch of a button
  • Is easier to read a page or two when you only have a few seconds
  • Keeps your place for you
  • Can read the same book on your phone, tablet and ereader
  • Has lots of free and cheap books
  • Makes finding new authors easy
  • Is easy on the eyes when you're tired.



They both have advantages and disadvantages, so for now I think I'll stick with both. Using the kindle for everything that I can download without costing me a fortune, and real books from the library, when I get them as gifts and when I make second hand purchases. What do you prefer, real books or an ereader, like the kindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment