Sunday 31 May 2015

A look back at the May Challenge

May 2015 blog challengeAs you may remember, at the beginning of the month I started a month long blog challenge. One post a day for the whole month of May. Well, here we are at the end of May, and here is the end of the challenge. So how have I done?

Well, the first and most obvious thing is that I've managed to do a whole month of blog posts, one a day for the month. I did cheat a little bit in the middle, while we were away, and had to catch up because I missed a few days. But I don't think that really matters, I did them all in the end. 

Was it worth doing though? Did I enjoy it? Yes and yes. It hasn't always been easy to come up with new post ideas every day, I'm not sure if I would have written on all of these topics had I not needed to come up with something new every day, but it's been a good way to get the creative juices flowing and actually commit to putting something down in writing. (I was going to say put pen to paper, but clearly that's not the case these days.)

I would like to think that I can keep this up, although the idea of having to come up with a new blog topic every day for the rest of the year seems a bit much. If I can keep writing more regularly though, that would be a good thing. I usually try for once a week, but maybe two or three times a week. Writing the book review will certainly help with that.

It might even help me actually write something else, this book that I keep starting and not really getting much further with. If I could write some of that every day, even just a little, I might even find that I manage, over time to write the whole thing.

Either way, it's been fun doing this May blog challenge, I may try another one some time in the future, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment