Wednesday 30 January 2019

Jeopardy in July - Barbara Venkataraman

Jeopardy in July (Jamie Quinn Mystery #5)Jeopardy in July by Barbara Venkataraman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is, sadly, the last book (so far) in the Jamie Quinn series. I hope that it is only so far and that another is to follow soon as I've become quite a fan after reading the previous books. I think that I mentioned in previous reviews that each one just seems to get better and better and that was still the case with this one.
I am probably repeating myself here, but much of the joy of this series is the characters who appear in every book, rather than the mystery so much. Jamie herself is fantastic and I love reading about what she gets up to. Then there is the ever-growing cast of supporting characters, from the wonderful Duke, her tame private detective, to Jamie's best frenemy Nick. Each of them adds too much to the books and I'm as keen to find out what is going to happen with Jamie and her boyfriend/fiance-to-be Kip and with Jamie's father.
The mystery this time has to do with the residents of an old people's home (an assisted living facility I think is the current term) a number of whom seem to have got themselves mixed up in art fraud. Jamie, of course, is in the thick of it, even though she doesn't intend to get involved in these things, she seems to have a knack for it.
This was another great instalment in this series and I can't wait to read more if and when they come out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment