Saturday 26 January 2019

Engaged in Danger - Barbara Venkataraman

Engaged in Danger (Jamie Quinn Mystery #4)Engaged in Danger by Barbara Venkataraman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series just gets better and better. I'm not sure if it's because I've got to know the characters more, or that the storylines are improving, I suspect that it's a combination of both. Either way, what was a very good series has developed into a very very good series.
This time, like in previous books, there's as much going on in the back story, in terms of Jamie's life and loves as there is in the main story of the book itself. This time there's even more of a mystery, with two elements for Jamie to look into.
There is a murder to solve, but that doesn't seem to happen until at least halfway through the book. It doesn't really matter though, as there's plenty to keep you guessing before that. I was so involved in all that was happening that I couldn't put it down.
I'm loving this series, that is on the cosy side of mysteries, but still with plenty of intregue and interesting storylines. Just what I was in the mood for. I can't wait to read the next Jamie Quinn mystery.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment