Saturday 5 January 2019

Death by Didgeridoo - Barbara Venkataraman

Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery #1)Death by Didgeridoo by Barbara Venkataraman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read a proper 'cosy mystery' for quite a long time. This is quite a short book and a quick read, but if I'm looking for an easy mystery read then that's what I prefer. Death by Didgeridoo is the start of a series and I think that there is potential here for the series to develop well.
Jamie Quinn is a lawyer who works in family law but finds that her family calls on her whenever they have a legal problem. When her cousin gets accused of murder, of course, she gets called on to help him out.
There isn't a complex puzzle to solve here, the mystery more or less is spelt out for you as you read, but for a bit of light escapism where you don't want to spend too much brain power, then it' perfect. As well as Jamie herself, there's a cat that she hates and an alcoholic private detective who looks as though he could become a fun character. In many ways this is a good start and I'll be interested to see how this series develops in future books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment