Wednesday 9 March 2016

Seduction by Lauren Smith

You may remember that back in January I reviewed Forbidden by Lauren Smith, complaining that I had to wait for the second instalment...well look what's just come out. I'm usually a bit behind with my reviews, but as I finished this earlier, and it's only just come out, I thought I might review it straight away while it was still fresh.

As I mentioned, this is part two of a three part series, I would suggest that you read the first part first, there is some recapping, but I can't imagine that it would be enough if you hadn't read the first. They're also a really great price, so there's no reason why you wouldn't read Forbidden, before moving onto Seduction.

The story begins after Kat and Tristan have discovered that their parents, (his mother, her father) are not only seeing one another, but planning to get married. The idea of soon becoming step brother and sister, is enough to throw cold water on any new relationship, but Kat and Tristan have an electrically charged reaction that is too strong and simply cannot resist one another. Kat pushes Tristan away, trying to tell herself that it just can't be, but obviously struggles to believe that herself and as much as she tries to keep away from him, she just can't.

Much is made of the age difference and how young Kat is, personally, at 19, I don't think she's all that young. That could be because I met my husband at that age though (with a much bigger age gap than the 6 or 7 years between Kat and Tristan) but Kat's father is clearly very protective of her. Both Kat and Tristan know that they need to keep their relationship a secret to stop people from getting hurt.

I don't want to give too much of this book away, but I think it's quite safe to say that although they reach some decisions, with another instalment still to go, they still have a way to go before they get their happily ever after.

I loved this second instalment, again my only reservation would be that I have to wait until May, which seems a long way away before I get to read the final part; Climax.

No comments:

Post a Comment