Wednesday 10 June 2020

Player's Kiss - Sienna Blake

Player's Kiss

It was supposed to be my big break—landing the coveted spot as the All Ireland Rugby team's new PR assistant.


Instead I've become a glorified babysitter, lumped with the heinous job of keeping their star winger out of trouble and out of the papers.

Eoin O'Sullivan.
Cocky. Charming. Outrageous. Destined to drive me feckin crazy.
Party boy.
Ladies man.
An absolute PR nightmare.

Never mind that he's can’t-take-my-eyes-off-you gorgeous. Forget that the sparks (and insults) fly whenever we're together.

Too bad he's decided that torturing me is his new favourite “game”. And he's not stopping till he gets what he wants…

Me. Naked.

My Review

After Eoin got his heart broken in the last Irish Kiss novel, My Brother's Girl, he had to have his own story and have things put right. The Eoin we knew before, quick to give his heart and eager for love is long gone. But perhaps this new Eoin might be ready for a more mature and real love if he can stop feeling sorry for himself and wallowing in self-destruction long enough that is. 

Duffy has one focus in life; to be a success. If she can control Eoin long enough and keep him out of trouble, then she might get all that she's ever wanted. The security that her mother was never able to give her as a child. The only problem is that the more time she spends with Eoin, the more that she finds herself acting like her love-hungry mother, risking everything for a man. 

I loved the development of these two characters. Although Eoin seems like a man child to begin with and Duffy much too serious, they both have a lot of developing and maturing to do, in order to discover what is really important and to become the person that the other needs.

After the last book in the series, which if I'm honest left me feeling a little unsettled about the relationship in it, this was a great concluding read. While both books are very much stand-alone novels, this is one of those that I think that you will get even more out of if you read both books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment