Tuesday 2 June 2020

Simmering Stu - Pamela Burford

Simmering Stu

A hot tub can be a great place to decompress—provided your tub toy isn't a Glock 9-millimetre. When Death Diva Jane discovers that Stu Ruskin has taken decompression a little too far, everyone assumes his sudden demise was self-inflicted. The result of a guilty conscience perhaps? After all, no one who knew Stu would describe him as a Boy Scout.
Jane begins to suspect murder when disturbing secrets come to light. As it turns out, some of those secrets involve Martin McAuliffe. All Jane really knows about yummy bad boy Martin is that he has a mysterious past and is a darn good kisser. But hey, Sexy Beast approves of him, and when has Jane’s neurotic canine sidekick ever steered her wrong?

My Review



Simmering Stu (Jane Delaney Mysteries Book 6)Simmering Stu by Pamela Burford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've loved the Jane Delaney mysteries since I first read Undertaking Irene over five years ago. With each new instalment, I've quickly devoured each one and Simmering Stu was no exception. The previous book, Preserving PeachesPreserving Peaches, ended with something that I'd been hoping for for a while. Simmering Stu picks up from where that book left off, which is exactly what I had been hoping for.
Jane yet again stumbles across a dead body, I have to say, I think that I'd start to avoid Jane if I happened to live nearby, for fear that she'd find another body or that I might become one myself. Jane, of course, starts to investigate the murder. I didn't manage to get there before her this time, but it was an enjoyable read all the same and I did my best to guess where things were going. Ultimately, I was happy with the conclusion, which is all that really matters in these things.
There are a few things I love about this series, one is the murder mystery element, another the humour and almost my favourite bit, the relationship between Jane and Martin. This book had more on that and I'm happy to say that Jane does seem to be following the route that I was hoping for. I can't wait to read the next book and see how things develop.
I love this series. Jane is a great character and her supporting cast (not forgetting dog Sexy Beast) are brilliant too. I hope that we don't have to wait for too long to get our hands on book 7.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment