Tuesday 17 September 2019

The Last Seance: Tales of the Supernatural - Agatha Christie

The Last Séance: Tales of the SupernaturalThe Last Séance: Tales of the Supernatural by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been a fan of Agatha Christie since I first discovered Miss Marple as a child. I have to admit that it has been quite some years since I have read any of her books and I haven't bothered with many of her short stories at all.
This collection all have a supernatural theme. In some cases, such as The Dressmaker's Doll, there is something otherworldly going on. In others, what at first appears to be inexplicable, is revealed to be the result of trickery.
Although the stories do all have a supernatural theme, for the most part they are very much classic Christie and I'm sure that this collection would appeal to any fans of her work. I think that it is a mark of what a good storyteller she is that even though they were short stories, I didn't want to put the book down and found myself ploughing through one after the other.
Fans of her work will love this collection, particularly as both of her beloved detectives Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot appear in more than one story each. People who haven't really tried many of her books before might find this a good way to give some of her stories a go.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment