Tuesday 3 September 2019

Hell on Wheels - Penny Dee

Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)Hell on Wheels by Penny Dee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've loved every one of the Kings of Mayhem series so far and not only was this forth book no exception, but it was in some ways even better. I do feel a bit bad that I'm not giving it the full four stars, it was a bit of a toss-up as to whether I would or not. It was so close to being perfect that it's certainly a good 4 1/2 star read.
This time we have Chance, the family member who has been overseas and part of the military for many years. He suffered at the hands of his father who was a nasty bully. (Although how I'm not sure, as their grandmother, who obviously raised her son, is fantastic.) He stayed away from the motorcycle club, but now he's back home and trying to find his way in the world and his place within the club. He's a very damaged soul, but when he meets Cassidy, he begins to find his way back from the darkness.
Cassidy is just as damaged as Chance, if not more so. She manages to find someone in Chance that gives her reason to stop running and together they can heal one another.
This was a great read with some quite dark themes and past events. There's less of the Kings of Mayhem as a group in this one, although the main characters are still there in the background. There was a little bit just towards the end that felt a little rushed and we didn't really hear much about to do with Cassidy's past, but I don't know if that's because we might learn more in a later book or perhaps because there was just so much to cover here and the main storyline had reached its conclusion.
This was a great read and I'll certainly be coming back for more of the Kings of Mayhem in the future, if there are more to be released that is, I certainly hope so.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment