Saturday 7 September 2019

Deep Waters: Murder on the Waves - Martin Edwards

Deep Waters: Murder on the Waves (British Library Crime Classics)Deep Waters: Murder on the Waves by Martin Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that I usually avoid short story collections. Not because I don't enjoy them, but as they are generally a bit longer than a chapter in length, you need a bit longer to sit down and enjoy them. The other danger is that the collection is often a mixed bag, of varying quality. Fortunately, with this collection, they were all enjoyable.
Of course, there were some that I enjoyed more than others. Possibly this had more to do with the style of the story rather than the writing. While some fit into the classic puzzle style, others just follow someone in the undertaking of a crime. One of my personal favourites actually followed someone who wanted to commit murder and get his comeuppance, by way of natural justice by the end of the tale.
I took quite a while over these, simply because I dipped into them from time to time as I read other books in between. Whether you take that approach or tackle one after another, I'm sure that you'll find plenty to enjoy in this collection.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment