Tuesday 6 August 2019

Temptation - Inara Scott

Temptation (Bad Angels, #2)Temptation by Inara Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I started this book I was in need of something that would lift my spirits and remind me why I enjoy escaping into a book so much. Fortunately, Temptation was just what I was looking for. The book tells the story of Connor, who has been in love with Zoe since he first met her. The only problem is that he's rubbish with relationships and she is a lawyer with the company that deals with his company, which means that she's off-limits. After an accident on an e-scooter Connor and Zoe find themselves spending more and more time together and the attraction is not just one way.
Both Zoe and Connor are great characters. They both have issues with relationships from their past and their upbringing, but in many ways, it is this that makes them perfect for one another. Connor is very sweet and caring, despite thinking that he's not. I have to admit that I do love a caring hero in these kinds of books, so he was onto a winner already. Of course, their issues mean that it's not smooth sailing, but that's what we come to expect and want from these books after all. There was nothing insurmountable and I was left completely satisfied by the end.
The secondary characters are great, particularly Connor's mother and her friends. Who wouldn't love a group of geriatric female physicists who play bridge? This is the second in a series and while I think that the couple from the first book appear, I don't' think it mattered that I hadn't read their story. I also assume that a future couple already has a few sparks flying between them in this one.
This was an enjoyable read and exactly the kind of book that I was looking for. Great stuff.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment