Tuesday 27 August 2019

Seduced by the Stranger - Alyssa J.Montgomery

Seduced by the Stranger (Billionaires & Babies, #2)Seduced by the Stranger by Alyssa J. Montgomery
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I tried with this one, I really did. But it just wasn't for me. It didn't start well when the beginning of the book didn't make a lot of sense. The female lead has lost her memory and is marrying a man that she can't remember in a Church. I'm fairly confident that if one of the people who was getting married had lost their memory then it wouldn't be allowed to take place. Added to that she's only been out of a coma for five weeks, then there wasn't time for the banns to be read and the whole thing organised. I don't want to give away spoilers, but the whole way that her stepbrother and stepsister in law treat her just seems to over the top and to be honest pointless and it's never really explained. As to why she feels compelled to marry someone just because she's pregnant, no idea what that was about. Much of the book felt as though it should have been set in the 1950s or possibly earlier, but as at one point she uses the internet, that wasn't the case.
I will forgive a lot in a book if I like the characters and buy into their romance. In this case, I didn't take to either of them. In fact, at more than one point I was wondering if Max was going to be revealed as the villain after all. I didn't feel that there was any chemistry between them at all and they seem to go from Jenna not remembering Max at all, to being madly in love with him.
I realise that this is quite a harsh review and to be honest, other people might enjoy the story more. It just didn't do it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment