Wednesday 21 August 2019

Eye of the Storm - Amy McKinley


Eye of the Storm
Amy McKinley
(Gray Ghost #2)
Publication date: March 6th 2018
Genres: Adult, Romance, Suspense
Deep in the untamed wilderness of the notorious Darien Gap, a soldier wakes. Injured, he has no memory of who he is or why he is there until a beautiful woman tells him his name. But can he trust her?
When Mari Dias stumbles upon Chris Shaw in the jungle—a place many risk but few survive—she enlists his help to escape a country ruled by the very family who hunts her.


Author Bio:
Amy McKinley is the romantic suspense thriller author of the Gray Ghost Novels, the Five Fates paranormal romance series, and several standalone books. Her edge of your seat books are filled with surprising twists and just the right amount of heat and danger. She lives in Illinois with her husband, two daughters, two sons, and three mischievous cats. You can find her at www.AmyMcKinley.com

My Review

Eye of the Storm is the second book of the gray ghost series. I haven't read any of the other books, so I can tell you with confidence that this works well as a stand-alone novel. I certainly enjoyed it and didn't feel that I was missing out on anything by not having read any of the other books. 
This book is mostly set in the jungle. Mari is on the run from some men who want to get hold of her, Chris doesn't know who he is or how he has got there, but together they have to try and survive and escape the dangerous environment.
This was a bit of an unusual romance. There is a great deal of action and at points, the romance takes a second place to that and at others, it's more important, but the action is still very much present. I found that I couldn't put this book down, wanting to know what was going to happen for the couple and if they would be successful. I have to admit that I'm a little bit sceptical of stories with larger than life 'hero' type characters who seem to be able to do things that are physically impossible for the rest of us. Both Chris and Mari seem to have almost superhuman survival and fighting skills, but in all honesty, I didn't actually mind that. I enjoyed reading about the growing feelings between the two of them as well as their attempts to escape the danger.
This is a thrilling and exciting read that drags you in quickly. I really enjoyed it and if this is what the other books in the series are like, I'd be keen to read those too.

XBTBanner1


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being on the tour! This sounds like a fun, entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete