Friday 15 February 2019

Kill for me - Rebecca Bradley

Kill For Me (DI Hannah Robbins #5)Kill For Me by Rebecca Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It seems a long time since I last had the pleasure of reading a DI Hannah Robbins book, in actual fact, it's only been five months. However long it is, it's always a please to tuck into one of these well-written mysteries, that have the added bonus of being set relatively locally to where I grew up.
I have thought with previous books that I hope that Rebecca Bradley never decides to go on a murderous rampage. She seems to have an uncanny knack of thinking up some of the most devious and disturbing ways to commit murder. Not, in this case, at least, the way that the murder actually was done, but the background that leads to it. She also likes to tell stories that push seemingly ordinary people beyond the limits to act in a way that they never dream to be possible.
This time around, I did wonder a few times if people really would go to these lengths? I really don't know. It was a gripping read in any case and I really enjoyed it.
If you haven't read any of the series as yet, then I really would recommend going back to the beginning and reading all of them. It doesn't really matter though if you'd prefer to start with this one, it's a great read and works just as well as a standalone novel. I'm looking forward to finding out what Hannah will face next time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment