Thursday 27 September 2018

The Twisted Web - Rebecca Bradley

The Twisted WebThe Twisted Web by Rebecca Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I so enjoy the DI Hannah Robbins series by Rebecca Bradley. I usually keep an eye out for when my favourite series have books due out, but I'd missed this one. Fortunately, for me, I'm on the ARC team for Rebecca Bradley and I had a lovely gift a week or so ago of a copy of the latest in the series in my inbox.
As in the previous books, Hannah is faced with a killer causing mayhem on the streets of Nottingham. I have to admit that I don't remember quite so many killers being on the local news when I was back home in the East Midlands, but I'm not going to complain when it creates great books like this. This time he has an axe to grind about social media and is attempting to turn a mirror on itself so that it will learn the error of its ways. I think we already know that that is not going to end well.
One of the things I love about these books is that they are very Nottingham. It's not just the local landmarks and places, but also the language. Of course, Hannah has a bacon cob for breakfast (or rather she doesn't she lets it sit there while she gets on with work, which is a little mad). I am from somewhere not too far away myself, so perhaps I have more a fondness for this kind of things than others might. Having said that, I do like to feel that books really belong to where they claim to be from and this one does it and then some.
Unlike some crime books, we the reader know who's done it and why from the beginning, but I like reading about Hannah trying to work that out and put a stop to it. I can't wait for the next in the series and to read more about DI Hannah Robbins and her team.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment