Monday 3 September 2018

Side Effect - Lulu Jones

Side EffectSide Effect by Lulu Jones
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The subject matter of this book was a little unusual, with a psychologist and her patient getting romantically involved. In actual fact, Kendall isn't actually a psychologist yet, she is training to be one and while she's been sitting in Maton's Mother's sessions, she isn't actually anyone's psychologist yet. Either way, it's still rather dodgy.
The main characters Maton and Kendall seem to fall quickly for one another and despite Kendall's frequent crisis of conscience, they become serious very quickly. The relationship between the two seems quite immature. Both of them react like young teenagers, albeit very horny young teenagers. There is lots of bedroom activity in this book.
This book just wasn't for me. I didn't really buy into the romance aspect, the supposed threat, which seemed to be left up in the air at the end, which seemed unbelievable and I just didn't really enjoy it.
I think that with a little bit tighter editing, this could have been a much better book. There were a few contradictions, some things were a little repetitive and not needed and some aspects of the plot needed tightening up. If you are after a fairly light romantic read with lots of sex, then this might be for you. It just wasn't for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment