Sunday 10 June 2018

The Scars I Bare - J.L.Berg

The Scars I Bare (By the Bay, #2)The Scars I Bare by J.L. Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the By the Bay series and after meeting Dean in the first book (The Choices I've Made) While the book title seems to refer to the physical scars that Dean bears after the ferry accident that he was involved in, more importantly, are his mental scars. Since the accident, he hasn't worked, has been single and hasn't been able to move on. Cora is also mentally scarred. He marriage fell apart after her husband became abusive and now she is reluctant to trust.

Cora and Dean are both likeable characters and although they have problems to work through, it's clear that they belong together. I did like the way that they dealt with their problems. In too many similar books, the hero and heroine have something happen that throws them apart. This wasn't smooth sailing to a happily ever after, but it didn't feel forced or that the things that were stopping them from being happy were unnatural.

I really enjoyed this book and will be looking out for book 3 so that I can find out more about the characters that live on Ocracoke Island.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment