Tuesday 30 July 2024

Grave-Reaping Hermit - Everlyn C. Thompson

When self-professed hermit Theodora Edwards is attacked by a dark fae and infected with his magic, she finds herself thrust into the supernatural spotlight as the first possible changeling in centuries. As if surviving the transition isn’t hard enough, Theo has to deal with an attempted abduction by her newly turned vampire ex-husband, unwanted courting offers from salacious fae suitors, and her growing attraction to the guardian of the gate to Fairie.

Caught in a cruel tug-of-war between the queen of the fae and a surly law-enforcement agent, Theo must find a way to free herself before she loses her hard-earned independence for good.

Book one in the Grave Reaper Series.

My Review

Grave-Reaping Hermit is the first book in the Grave Reaper series. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this book, but once I started I was hooked. Theo, our heroine has no idea about fae, vampires or any other paranormal beings. She suddenly finds herself right in the middle of that world, after being attacked by a dark fae.
Theo is a fantastic and really relatable character. I'm not entirely sure how I might react when faced with anything like this, but there's something really human and real about her. I also loved the other characters that appear, from the dog that appears looking for food, to the various paranormal characters that find their way into Theo's life.
I also really loved the humor in this book. Right from the very first line, there are some really funny moments in this book.
This is the first book of three, I'm desperate to know what happens next and I'm so pleased that we're not leaving this world behind just yet. I loved this story and I can't wait to read the next in the series.

Everlyn C.Thompson

Born and raised on the beautiful Canadian prairies, Everlyn prefers to spend her time outdoors with her family kayaking, skating, fishing, and hunting. She loves reading and writing about vampires, witches, fae and zombies that get to find their own version of happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment