Saturday 18 November 2023

Queen of Ashes and Scars - Anya J Cosgrove

A grumpy human servant.


An arrogant bodyguard.

The scoundrel that broke my heart…

I'm queen of the ashes... Now what?My kingdom is in ruins, and I have to find my way back to my throne and my people.To take back control of the night court, I need my men by my side. All three of them, though they're not exactly on board...yet.The crown of shadows doesn't care for love, only blood.Love...is dangerous.Queen of Ashes and Scars is the second and final book in the Throne of Shadows series. It's a fast-paced, sizzling romance duet set in the deadly Delacroix night court. You’ll love this story if you like sexy vampire bites, enemies-to-lovers relationships, and heroes who love to share.This duet is set in the same world as Magnetic and Shadow Witch, but it stands alone. Pick up your steaming-hot copy now!

My Review


I do love Anya J Cosgrove's books and this one is no exception. I was dying to find out what was going to happen to Arielle after the last book Princess of Thorns and Ruin: A Dark Fantasy Romance (Completed Series) and this book certainly delivered.
There was also a little glimpse of characters from a previous series, although I would have liked to see both of the main characters from there, it being one of my favourite books. Little things still make me smile though!
I loved Arielle's character, she grew both in confidence and ability through the course of these two books. I enjoyed her relationships with Alec, Sebastian and Leo. The only downside was that I felt that this was too short. I didn't want to leave this world behind and I felt that there was much of the story still to be told. What will happen with Leo? Will she be accepted properly now? How does Keenan fit into it all? I only hope that there's more to come because I really want to know.
Overall another great read and one that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment