Friday 29 September 2023

Princess of Thorns and Ruin - Anya J. Cosgrove

 A grumpy human servant.


An arrogant bodyguard.

The scoundrel that broke my heart…


Betrayals and secrets rule the deadly and hypnotic court of night.


The pleasure bite is an art that a proper vampire princess shouldn’t think so much about, but how can I resist the pull of Leo’s blood or the warmth of his tanned skin? My new servant has sworn his life to me, body and soul, but he’s quiet and full of secrets.

Alec Beaumont simply boils my blood every time he opens his damn beautiful mouth, and Sebastian Chastain is as cruel and calculating as the day he set fire to my dress.

I can’t fall for any of them, forced to marry whoever my brother will choose for me, but is duty reason enough to betray my own heart?

I’m a Delacroix. We rule or die. There’s nothing to compromise.

Princess of Thorns and Ruin is book 1 in a fast-paced, sizzling romance duet set in the deadly Delacroix night court. You’ll love this story if you like sexy vampire bites, enemies-to-lovers relationships, and heroes who love to share.

This duet is set in the same world as Magnetic, but it stands alone. Downton Abbey meets House of Dragons. Mature themes.

My Review

When it comes to dark, paranormal romances, you don't get much better than Anya J. Cosgrove. It's been a while, but I was really excited to find out that there was a new duet on the way. Although this is linked to Magnetic it is a standalone story. Do you need to read Magnetic first? No. Should you read it anyway because it's great? Obviously.
Arielle has just come into her 'powers' her human servant who gave her the first drink of blood that turned her into a vampire doesn't really want anything to do with her. Then there's her bodyguard, an old crush and even the hint of an angel towards the end of the book.
In many ways, this first part of the duet is just to set everything up for the conclusion and I have to be honest, I'm not really sure yet where it's going to go. I know where I might like it to go, but I'll have to wait and see.
I don't ant to give any spoilers, so I'm being quite vague. This was a brilliant read and I can't wait for the next book. Fortunately, I don't have to wait too much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment