Saturday 7 March 2020

Her Wicked Duke by Lisa Torquay

Her Wicked DukeHer Wicked Duke by Lisa Torquay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Imperious Lords series and the second that I have read. It works well as a stand-alone novel and there is no need to have read the previous books before this one. (Although, the one that I read was good, so I'd certainly recommend giving them a go.)
Phillipa and Titus met four years ago at a house party and were drawn to one another from the first sight. Something happened between them (we don't find out straight away how far or not this went) and then they discovered that he was to betrothed to her second cousin. Since then, they have avoided one another both hurting and remembering their connection. Titus is now a widow and when Phillipa once again falls into his path, they find that they are both drawn to one another and keen to stay apart. The chemistry between them sizzles and despite their best efforts, they cannot seem to stay apart.
I enjoyed the build of the romance between the two. Titus is overbearing and domineering. But, while he might be used to his word being law, he being a duke, she does not give an inch. I loved the push and pull between them as they accepted what they felt and learnt what the other wanted.
This was a fun, quick read with plenty of romance. I think there's one more yet to come and I'd be keen to read that once it's out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment