Tuesday 31 March 2020

A Game of Wings and Marks - Rebecca Crunden

A Game of Wings and MarksA Game of Wings and Marks by Rebecca Crunden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know what I would really classify this as, as strange as that might sound. While it is a romance with paranormal or supernatural themes, I'm not completely convinced that it fully fits that genre. In many ways, it has more of a fantasy feel than anything. While there is a love story in here and the heroine gets her man, in many ways, that doesn't feel like the main drive of the story.
I think my reason for saying that, is perhaps that there are two males (one being a demon and the other an angel, I don't think that 'men' would be the right term) who are interested in her. I won't tell you who she ends up with, but I personally liked the demon Zev more than angel Raphael. We see far more of Zev and he is quite an interesting character, much more willing to bend the rules and make things happen his way. Raphael is a far more steady character. Admittedly he is torn between his feelings for Octavia and his need to stick to the rules, but he just lacks the mischievous edge that Zev has.
I really enjoyed this read and read it fairly quickly, mostly because I wanted to see how it would all pan out. In many ways, the storyline was almost as though it was set up for future stories in that world, I don't know if that was the case or not? I'd certainly be interested in reading more from this interesting world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment