Sunday 14 April 2019

Witch's Honor - Anya J Cosgrove

Witch's Honor (Bloody Hearts, #2)Witch's Honor by Anya J. Cosgrove
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm only giving this book four stars, which is a bit harsh as I loved it. But, I have a feeling that book three in the series is going to be even better, so I need to leave the top score for that. This book ends on a cliff hanger which I love and hate all at once, so again, I can't quite bring myself to give it the full five stars. It's a good four and a half though.
This book picks up where the first book Shadow Walker ended. I've been looking forward to reading this one since reading the first and it didn't disappoint. Alanna now has more idea about what she is and can do, but there is still a lot for her to find out. While this book uncovers a lot of secrets, it's clear that there's more to find out.
Once I'd started reading there was no putting it down. Alanna, Liam and Thom are still trying to work together, but still keeping secrets from one another. The feelings between them are complicated and they all struggle to come to terms with what they want. Alanna is torn between Thom and Liam (I have no idea why, clearly Liam is the one to go for, even if he is a bit messed up, to put it mildly).
The problem with books like this is that you rush through them, unable to put them down, but then hate it when they end. I couldn't help but greedily consume this one, desperate to find out what was going to happen next and how the story would play out. Now I'm left with a serious book hangover. I want to keep reading, but nothing that I've got interests me as what I really want to read is the next book in the series. Sadly, I've got just over a month to wait for that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment