Wednesday 3 April 2019

Her Name Was Rose - Claire Allan

Her Name Was RoseHer Name Was Rose by Claire Allan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has been sitting in my to be read pile for months now, but somehow with all the books I've had to review, I don't always seem to get much chance to read those I've bought. It was a shame really that I've put this one off for so long as it was a great read. It's actually the second of Claire Allan's books that I've read, the first being Apple of My Eye which I was lucky enough to get an ARC for.
Her Name Was Rose is a gripping thriller that quickly drags you in once you start reading. There are twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat and to keep you guessing until the very end. The story is told from the point of view of Emily, a messed up young woman who finds herself the witness of a shocking hit and run accident that kills a young mother. I think that had the story been told from anyone else's point of view, then it may have been a struggle to understand what Emily was doing and why, so it was quite interesting to see the world through her eyes.
The book deals with abusive partners, social media and the image we project to the rest of the world. In many ways this a book of its time and much of it just wouldn't have existed ten or twenty years ago.
Overall this was an engaging and gripping read. Once I had started I was keen to know what was going to happen to the main characters and what had happened to Rose in the first place. Definitely worth a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment