Wednesday 20 November 2013

What do YOU do?

I hate answering that question, on forms and official pieces of paper, the occupation bit, defining who you are by what you do.  What do I do?
Of course, first and foremost, I'm a Mum, a full time Mum.  But is there any other kind?  The suggestion that someone who works is not a full time Mum is really really silly, I've worked since I've had kids, but I can still honestly say that no matter what I was doing, I was a full time Mum.  Once you're a Mum, that's it, your a Mum, no part time, no full time, that's it, you're someone's Mum.

Becoming a Mum for the 4th time
Becoming a Mum for the 4th time, love this pic.
So, what's the next option? Housewife? I have a number of issues with that one, the main being that it suggests I do all the housework, or even some of the housework, and lets be honest here, it's not my strength and I do avoid it as much as I can.

I do have my own cloth nappy business, or to be specific, I have two cloth nappy businesses but somehow I always feel a little foolish saying that I'm a business woman or entrepreneur or something.  Yes I work at them, sometimes I even work hard at them, but I'm still not convinced that it's what I DO.

Which leads us back to the same old question; what do I do? And if I'm honest, I'm not that sure that I know....... What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment