Friday 9 July 2021

Savage - Anna Ray

 He scares the living daylights out of me. But not for the reasons he might think. And that scares me even more.


Hazel

He’s magnetic. Tall and commanding.
Heartbreakingly gorgeous.
Borne of ice. Ruthless.
Dangerous.
And his dark, mesmerizing gaze is locked onto me.
This man is fantasy in the flesh.
Callum O’Daire.
Darling of Boston’s moneyed society and king of the underworld.
And I’m here to ask a favour from this soulless creature. Beg, if I have to.
I despise him. Body and soul.

Callum

Hazel Brentwood.
Even from a distance, she’s striking.
Stands out.
Eyes like dark gold that glittered with fire and untapped passion.
She needs my help. But I hate the Brentwoods.
All of them.
Old money that covers sins and crimes that will never be answered to
The very thing keeping Hazel so pampered and pretty.
Blood money.
If anyone’s going to tear her to shreds, to destroy her, it’s going to be me.
My way.

Sultry stares, passionate embraces, and suspense await you inside Savage. This enemies-to-lovers mafia romance will have you flipping the pages, begging Callum or Hazel to make the first move!

My Review

This was a bit of an unusual 'romance.' There was certainly chemistry between our hero and heroines and the relationship between them developed into something more than attraction, but in many ways, this book had more of a mystery element to it. I think that this was partly because there was something about it that reminded me of Raymond Chandler novels. That sounds a bit odd and it's perhaps not an obvious similarity, but there was something there.
Hazel and Callum both have things that they want to get to the bottom of and while Callum does his best to keep Hazel out of things, it's clear that she's not going to let him find out everything on her own. She might have grown up in a privileged world, but she has plenty of grit and determination.
This was a really good read. A romance with a really big helping of mystery and with plenty of twists and turns before we get to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment