Wednesday 11 November 2020

Illegal Formation - Shanna Swenson

Illegal Formation (The Gods of the Gridiron, #4)Illegal Formation by Shanna Swenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Illegal Formation is the fourth book in the Gods of the Gridiron series and also perhaps the darkest. Our hero and heroine, Quillan and Vada have both been hurt and faced pain in their past. They seem themselves as damaged and it takes a while for them to realise that while they might be broken when they are together they are complete once more.
I have to admit that I struggled with Quillan at times, I'm not a huge fan of overbearing controlling types and he clearly shows lots of characteristics of this type of character. This book also deals with abortion, which can be quite a contentious topic. This probably isn't the place to enter into my thoughts on the topic, but it is quite a brave thing to talk about in a book. There's always the danger that by putting your characters into either the pro-choice or controlling women's bodies categories, then it might make readers who hold alternate views off that character.
Quillan is quite sweet when he finally understands what Vada is coming to mean to him. He does have to go through a few stages of trying to control her. I'm not entirely sure that someone as strong as Vada would have willingly agreed to all that he wants. It all works out in the end and for the purpose of an enjoyable read, I can let it go.
I liked Vada and Quillan as a couple, they both have a darkness that is part of who they are, but that also means that they work well together and make a good couple. I enjoyed this final instalment in the Gods of the Gridiron series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment