Wednesday 20 November 2019

The Enforcer - Abigail Owen

The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)The Enforcer by Abigail Owen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love the Fire's Edge and Inferno Rising series from Abigail Owen. This is the third book in the Fire's Edge series and it builds into what we have already seen and there is a cross over with the first Inferno Rising series (which seems to take place at roughly the same time as this one and there are some cross over events). This book does work as a stand-alone, but really you should read the other books first, just because they are so good.
The Enforcer is Drake, he's never found his mate and now he's slowly dying, even though the degeneration shouldn't have started to take place for another couple of hundred years. Not wanting to endanger his 'family' the Huracán team of dragon enforcers, he leaves them, becoming a rogue dragon. There he meets Camilla, a woman that he had saved previously, not realising that she was a dragon mate.
I loved the romance between Cami and Drake. She not only gives as good as she gets but quite often has the upper hand where Drake is concerned. He's a grumpy old sod and really needs someone who is able to push him out of his comfort zone and challenge him. Of course, being his mate there is a happily ever after here, but they both need to work for it and really find out that they are 'the one' for each other.
I can't wait for more in this series and in Inferno Rising. I think I know who were are going to read about next in both series. I just hope that I haven't got too long to wait until I can.
received a complimentary copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment