Wednesday 17 July 2019

Preserving Peaches - Pamela Burford

Preserving Peaches (Jane Delaney Mysteries Book 5)Preserving Peaches by Pamela Burford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It feels like a long time since I last read a Jane Delaney mystery, I've just had a look and it's been over two years since one came out. It didn't take me long to get back into this fantastic series. The book starts with Jane's 40th Birthday, during the course of the series she's started as slightly older than me and now I seem to have just overtaken her. She stumbles onto a body, the almost mummified body of local problem page writer, Peaches. Obviously, Jane can't help but do a little bit of digging into who killed her, especially after she is asked by two people to look into it, or at least things related to the death.
There are two elements to this great series. Firstly, the murder, obviously and then secondly the romance angle. For too long now, Jane has been hung up on her ex-husband Dom, for reasons that seem a little bit beyond me, when she has the wonderful Martin waiting in the wings. Jane seems to have seen the light, with Dom at least. I don't want to tell you something that might spoil the book for you. So, I'm not going to tell you if I was left satisfied at the end of this book. Although I am really tempted to give more away...
I didn't manage to solve this one sadly. At least not until the very end, although I had one or two ideas. The mystery worked well and kept me guessing, which is always a bonus. The real delight of these books is the humour though. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the things that Jane gets herself involved in. Being a death diva is certainly an interesting and varied role.
I loved this book and really hope that we don't have to wait too long for the next one. I for one, can't wait to see what Jane gets up to next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment