Tuesday 25 June 2019

Through the Night - Tamsen Schultz

Through The Night (Windsor Series Book 7)Through The Night by Tamsen Schultz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm always a little wary of starting a series midway through and this is book seven on the Windsor Series. Fortunately, with this book, it really didn't matter. There are characters that I assume have appeared in previous books, but as someone coming to this fresh, I wasn't lost or confused as to who was who or what was going on. I'm not sure if there is a running story through these books, the epilogue suggested that perhaps there were events that might be dealt with in a later book, but I don't know. In any case, most of the characters are involved in some way in FBI investigations and it seems to be this that holds the series together as a whole.
In many ways, this is a bit of an unusual story. On the one hand, it is a thriller/investigation type of book. As I previously mentioned, most of the characters are involved in the FBI in some ways. Our lead female is a computer genius who consults for them. There is, however, also a strong romantic part to the storyline. With our female lead, Naomi, meeting the male lead, Jay at a bar towards the beginning of the book. As the storyline plays out, their relationship develops too. That's not to say that it's full of sex scenes or the like that romance books tend to have, but it is a key element to the storyline. Overall, the investigation does take the lead role, so I would suggest that this is a thriller with a romantic element, rather than romantic suspense.
I don't want to give anything away about what happens, particularly with the mystery element to the storyline. I will say that I liked both of their lead characters and their relationship. I also enjoyed the investigation and thriller side of the story. It was quite a fast-paced read, which is always something that I enjoy. This was a good read.
I'd be quite keen to go back and read more in this series. I don't think that it will matter too much what order I read them in, but I am planning on reading a few more of the Windsor Series once I get chance. If you are looking for an exciting read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, with a little bit of romance thrown in, then I honestly don't think that you will go far wrong here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment