Saturday 18 May 2019

Cursed Souls - Anya J. Cosgrove

Cursed Souls (Bloody Hearts, #3)Cursed Souls by Anya J. Cosgrove
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I both love and hate coming to the end of a good series. Since I first read Shadow Walker I've been dying to know what would happen to Alana and Liam. Despite all of his (many) flaws, I've liked Liam from the beginning and much prefer him for Alana. Fortunately, she finally agreed with me in the last book even if she had really hurt him along the way. Now in this final instalment, we're faced with Liam and Alana trying to work out exactly what they mean to one another and what their relationship will be.
As I already mentioned, I loved both Liam and Alana, both as individual characters and as a potential pair. This book built on that. There is a lot to work though, but that just added to the enjoyment of the story. Obviously, things don't just work smoothly and even when some things are sorted out, there are still other things to deal with.
This was a fantastic trilogy, I greedily read to the end as quickly as I could and am now left with regret that it's over. I seem to have another book hangover, this time caused by the fact that it's the end of the series, rather than my craving for the next instalment (there really is no pleasing some people is there?) Is this the end though? There is more to come in this world, with a spin-off due in a few months. There's plenty of room for more stories with some of the characters that we've already met in this book. I also wonder (hope) that this might not be the last we hear of Liam and Alana either. Not that I'm wanting to put ideas in the author's head or anything, but I'd love to hear more about them, even if it's in the form of a novella or similar, maybe with a newsletter as a little bonus sometime, just a thought...
I really enjoyed this whole series, in case that wasn't clear. I can't wait to read more from this world. In the meantime, I'll just have to recover from reading this final story and wait patiently.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment