Friday 25 May 2018

Your Rhythm - Katia Rose

Your Rhythm 
Your Rhythm by Katia Rose

Your Rhythm by Katia Rose is the first book in the Sherbrooke Station series. This follows the members of Sherbrooke Station, a Canadian alt-rock group and their journeys to love.

This first book in the series tells the story of drummer Matt Pearson and music journalist Kay Fischer. Kay was an up and coming music journalist until she angered a large record label and found her career destroyed. Now she sees working with Sherbrooke Station, an up and coming group, as the way to rebuild her career.

That was before she met and found herself drawn to drummer Matt. Now torn between writing the story that will put her back on track and with the romance that is building between her and Matt. She needs to write the story of her life without hurting the man that she is falling in love with.

My review

This is the first book that I've read by Katia Rose, but I'm confident that it won't be the last. This is more than just a romance, with the back story of Kay's past making much of the drama. We also see Matt and the rest of his bandmates struggling with the realities of being famous and becoming the rock stars that they've dreamed of being.

As with many romances, there is a conflict between the hero and heroine and of course a misunderstanding. Unlike many books in the genre though, this doesn't feel forced and there only to drive the plot. I really enjoyed the whole development of the story and following Matt and Kay's story.

I liked both of the main characters. Kay had a few issues that she had to deal with, but Matt was lovely. There was something really likeable, I thought that he was a great character and I enjoyed following his story. This is the first book in the series and we were given a glimpse of the other band members who will be getting their own stories in later books. I will be interested to see how these unfold and it was fun to learn a bit about their characters here.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. I think I'll be checking out Katia Rose's other books too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment