Iris can’t believe she’s agreed to be her ex’s best woman at his wedding—as if the humiliation of still being hung up on him isn’t bad enough. If only she had a hot boyfriend to bring as her plus one…
So when her gorgeous neighbor, single dad Abe, offers to be her date in return for being his cute daughter’s nanny for the summer, she leaps at the deal. With his tattoos, ear piercings and thirteen years on her, Abe is the exact opposite of her ex. The idea of turning up with him is perfection.
Iris once swore off love for good. Never mind that being on Abe’s arm as they twirl around the dance floor starts to feel so right… and so does daydreaming about being a real family with Abe and his daughter, instead of playing fake.
Abe is settled in their small town. And Iris has no idea what her future holds.
But with her hand in his, and her cheek on his chest, Iris secretly wonders: what if this fake wedding date could turn into an oh-so-real love story?
A totally uplifting, heart-stealing age-gap single-dad romance full of true laugh-out-loud moments. Perfect for fans of Emily Henry, Sarah Adams and Abby Jimenez.
My Review
With a title like The Wedding Favor, you might be excused for thinking that this is a story that revolves around or culminates in a wedding. The wedding in question happens midway through the book and although it does form part of the plot, it really is quite a small bit. Instead this is a story of someone finding their way in life, other people not always knowing what's best for someone and most of all, Love.
I fell in love with the characters in this book. Iris herself was brilliant; she was feisty, fun but had such a good heart. Then there was Abe, how could you not fall for him? His daughter Hallie was such fun and best of all was old starlet Gloria.
I loved every second of this fun romance; it might not have been the spiciest and it took Abe and Iris quite a while to find their way to one another and accept what was going on between them. I think that added to the enjoyment of this story. What a fantastic and satisfying read!
Readers are falling hard for The Wedding Favor:
“This book is pure sunshine… Melted me… Warm and slow-burn… Made me kick my feet… Adorable… How it made me feel: cozy, smitten, and a little weepy… Uplifting and swoony… Charming… Gave me a full-body grin… A hug in book form.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“I adored this… Made me cry (in all the right places). Laugh out loud, giggle with toe wiggles, and snort your soda laughter all happened.” kelsomath, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Ooft, this was GOOD! I *loved* this… Laugh-out-loud… The slowest burn romance… Witty, light and a pleasure to read.” selliereads, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“I absolutely loved… Captivating… Made me laugh… Heartwarming, and simply beautiful… Really special… Truly stole my heart from beginning to end… Such a sweet, entertaining, and heartwarming read.” mich.entrepag, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Made me laugh, cry, and feel all the feels… Their slow-burn chemistry was EVERYTHING… Full of heart… Had me laughing one minute and reaching for tissues the next… Beautiful!” NetGalley reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Omg I ADORED this!… Charming small-town romance, I loved it!” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Brought out all the emotions—I laughed so much… I also cried big tears… Carries so much heart… Warmed my heart.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“I devoured this!… Had me laughing out loud, sobbing, and feeling all the feels… This book was just what I needed… I am obsessed… I am a fan for life.” nicolereadsalot96, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“SO sweet… Adorable… Made me happy… Sharon, THANK YOU… loved this!” readerrambling, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Oh my god this was soooooo hilarious and emotional!… I LOVE… Beautiful… Wholesome… I had such a good time.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Wow, wow, wow! I loved everything about this… I laughed, cried… Sweet… Such a great read.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Will put a big smile on your face, and maybe shed a tear or two… Funny and sassy… Will touch your heart.” Riffle Books, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“I can’t wait for this to come out and for y’all to lose your minds… I raced through it… Twisty, romantic… Deserves to be such a hit.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Oh my gosh… Absolutely adorable… A winning book!… Kept me laughing and crying.” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No comments:
Post a Comment